( Web site & intranet )
(IBM PC) ( Sunsoft/Crush )
AKA Jack Charlton's Soccer Nation (Attica), Futbol Pro (Proein)
(IBM PC) ( Virgin/Vic Tokai )
1st and 3rd-person perspective real-time strategy/spec-ops game, including:-
- shoot-em-up action within a free-roaming environment
- Ability to set waypoints for characters when not under player control, allowing campaign planning
- Thrilling plot with twist in the tale ending -- multiple outcomes plus bonus level
- Each character has extensive range of speech
- Advanced artificial intelligence for player characters and enemies
My involvement included originating the concept with Tony Jackson, Creative Director at Crush!. Based on Tony's concept "Candy", I wrote the storyline for the game, scripted the six voice parts, negotiated with voice-agents for the vocal talent , and gave voice direction during voice-over recording (including Dani Behr, Brian Bowles, Fiona Allen and Ed Bishop). I also negotiated the funding for the game development, in collaboration with Crush's agent, Jacqui Lyons
I produced the game during development, co-ordinating project scheduling, technical and graphical issues
Mortal Coil received a lot of media coverage including on the television show "Live & Kicking" – the segment called ‘Electric Circus’, that featured our game as one of a new breed of innovative game. It scored 90%.
The game was also featured on the television show "Bad Influence" – it highlighted the game’s innovative features, including multiple characters, waypoint settings and replaceable sounds. In the right-hand panel the pop group China Black are shown using this feature on the TV show. The game scored 93%
(IBM PC) ( Crush! )
- Cops 'n' Robbers - you play either side!
- Close Quarter Street Racing/ Chasing; 1st and 3rd Person Views - user selectable.
- Real-time 3D graphics
- Stylized artwork
- Cops - Prevent The 'Heist'; Chase the Gang; Stop Them Getting To The Border;
- Gang - Execute The 'Heist'; Avoid Capture; Race To The Border Before It Closes.
- Multi-player /internet game.
My involvement included originating the concept & storyline